Categories of hosting services
A hosting service means stockpiling and/or sharing specific web content on a web server handled by a web hosting provider. There are different types of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's have a gaze at these. In that way, you can choose what you want, depending on whether you'd like to launch a weblog, electronic mail accounts, or to share files with comrades and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service provided by given firms, which enables you to share immense files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a table of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage accounts often involve adverts next to the download links, while a timer compels you to await a specific interval of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is an entirely erroneous interpretation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would allot the workload between different bunches of servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different site hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, site hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is only a sort of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; specific companies provide a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting variant is appropriate if you wish to share an immense number of pictures with friends or associates since the service is typically free of cost. You will obtain a random link for each picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web sites.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to managing your mails. Some firms offer web site hosting solutions for sites, but do not offer an email hosting service. If you would like to run a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to own a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can open mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a specific video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video clip produces a given amount of CPU load, so with several video files and several hundred viewers, you may have difficulty with your hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will enable you to run as many video files as you want without worrying about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you want to have a website. To a certain extent, it encompasses all of the aforementioned hosting kinds since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and email mailbox accounts, upload video files, etc. At mazzei Hosting, for example, you can have a look at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting services that permit you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in one single place. There may be limits based on the sort of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting account may be better or worse compared to the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are designed for particular content solely.